1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neighbour problem

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by 5ergo, Mar 10, 2005.

1. 5ergo

5ergo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering when you switch from multimedia sub to SVS, how does that effect your neighbours?
    Right now i use Megaworks550 sub and i can use it pretty well.If its not late night, i can.But im not sure if i could use SVS same good.I mean its useless to have a good sub which cant be really used.
    Tell me your experience pliz.

Cause if ill buy svs id buy PCi 16-46 which is quite a beast. :devil:

2. Mroizouk

Mroizouk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    how is the megaworks system? I've been thinking of getting some for my comp. I have a hi-fi system, but I was looking for a space-saving 5.1 system to take to uni.

I have not heard either of these subs, but I'm pretty sure the sound from a 16-46 will be staggeringly different from that of the megaworks sub. It will give you incomparably deeper and cleaner bass. You will get massively more power than with the megaworks unit, but I wouldn't abstain from buying a good sub just because you live in a flat/ are worried about neighbours. A better more powerful sub will often provide better sound even at low volumes because of the power it has in reserve. It can cope with dynamic peaks far better which gives it a more effortless and enjoyable sound.

If you move to a bigger place, you'll have the sub for it, and whilst being conscientious with listening levels at night you can always turn it up when your neighbours aren't in!

3. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Agree with Mroizouk about the sub. The only other thing to consider is to have your room accoustically treated and sound proofed. Cash = lots

4. 5ergo

5ergo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know svs can eat megas sub any time, but thats not the point of the topic.

Megaworks of course give a lot for the price, but if u want a good sound, than thats not it.
    It has this boomy bass which spoils pleasure wether you play game, watch dvd or listen to music.But for games they are somehow ok.
    Youll be specialy dissapointed if u listen to metal or clasic music.
    The good thing is you get 5.1 for the price, but i realised that games are the only thing where 3D sound matters.So i decided to get 2.1HT and 60USD headphones which i already use for games and they are great.Sometimes u cant hear 3D sound well because of the boomy sub thats why headphones are better.
    But like i said you get 5.1 system for the price of 1 a/v receiver...

You are right about that.I shouldnt spoil my life because of neighbours. :)
    I better start saving, cause it will cost me 990USD(total price to Europe). :suicide: