Negotiating new trade deals and closing the rift.

That was the WA not a trade deal. I thought you knew that? I'm sure I mentioned it before.

I know exactly what it is, it's the one he's trying to backtrack on already but if you look closely at the pic it says nothing of it being in relation to the WA. It was part of the propaganda and con trick to get enough people to foolishly put their trust in him in Dec last year

Last edited:
In your mind that's how the voting panned out. In reality, something completely different happened.

Erm...

43.6% Conservative
43.7% if you add Labour and Lib Dem voters.

Add in the Greens, SNP and you have more... I'm not saying all labour voters were remain, but they wanted another referendum so they were a remain backing political party as far as I'm aware.

I know exactly what it is, it's the one he's trying to backtrack on already but if you look closely at the pic it's says nothing of it being in relation to the WA. It was part of the propaganda and con trick to get enough people to foolishly put their trust in him in Dec last year
Apparently, a lot of us were conned. There you go. That's life.

It doesn't mention a trade deal because we hadn't got to that stage yet. Trade deal talks started in Feb. I thought you knew that.
It was constantly referred to as the ready to go oven ready deal. It’s blatantly obvious that it was used to trick people into thinking that a vote for Johnson meant we’d be leaving with a deal.

Erm...
I'm not saying all labour voters were remain, but they wanted another referendum so they were a remain backing political party as far as I'm aware.

Labour Party wanted another referendum, not all the Labour Voters. I know many that still voted labour because they hate Conservatives (old Pit/Steel area) but were still ardent leavers.

Labour Party wanted another referendum, not all the Labour Voters. I know many that still voted labour because they hate Conservatives (old Pit/Steel area) but were still ardent leavers.

I'm just giving the numbers.

Much like many voters probably voted for Johnson, believing he had a deal ready to go.

I'm just giving the numbers.

Much like many voters probably voted for Johnson, believing he had a deal ready to go.

I voted Tory for first time in decades because they would honour the Referendum vote (deal or No Deal) and no way any sane person could give Corbyn power.

People gave them a massive mandate to do just that.

I voted Tory for first time in decades because they would honour the Referendum vote (deal or No Deal) and no way any sane person could give Corbyn power.

People gave them a massive mandate to do just that.

They didn't give them a mandate for no deal, largely due to the type of propoganda they were pumping out that i referenced above. The voters thought they were voting for a deal

It was constantly referred to as the ready to go oven ready deal. It’s blatantly obvious that it was used to trick people into thinking that a vote for Johnson meant we’d be leaving with a deal.
I never thought that voting for Johnson meant a trade deal was a given. However, I did think that voting for Johnson would mean we would leave the EU. As I voted brexit and the Cons were the only party offering that it was a simple choice. Also, when I voted in the ref there was no choice to leave with a trade deal - that option wasn't on the ballot card. It was Leave. And I fully understood that to mean leaving the CU and SM.

Speaking of tricks, I hope I don't have to remind you the trick Labour tried to pull in the GE with regard to Brexit?

They didn't give them a mandate for no deal, largely due to the type of propoganda they were pumping out that i referenced above. The voters thought they were voting for a deal

As usual, talking nonsense from your own biased viewpoint.

Oven ready if EU were sensible on mutual economic benefits of a deal rather than pure Politics. They are a protectionist racket club, the FIFA of politics.

Would it be fair to say it was up to the other Party's to draw the electorate's attention to this propaganda? And by failing miserably to do so it just highlighted their ineptitude?

As usual, talking nonsense from your own biased viewpoint.

Oven ready if EU were sensible on mutual economic benefits of a deal rather than pure Politics. They are a protectionist racket club, the FIFA of politics.

Your hatred of the EU continues to shine through in your posts, take a step back and look at it objectively

BoJo and the Tories were pumping out the message to get Brexit finished once and for all after all the delay and that a deal was all but in the bag, they used that to gain a majority but they certainly didn't win on the mesage of no deal being the most probable outcome

Your hatred of the EU continues to shine through in your posts, take a step back and look at it objectively

BoJo and the Tories were pumping out the message to get Brexit finished once and for all after all the delay and that a deal was all but in the bag, they used that to gain a majority but they certainly didn't win on the mesage of no deal being the most probable outcome

Wrong again. I have no hatred of the EU, I've clearly said multiple times over the years its about Democracy for me. I couldn't give a damn if we stay in or leave so long as its the choice of the British electorate. I was pro EU until I read more into the EU due to the upcoming referendum.

I do strongly believe the EU aim to be like US where all power ultimately resides with them. If that was what the UK people wanted then fine with me.

EU will not give us a Canada deal as they Have to punish us for daring to leave and must shackle us as a potential competitor and discourage others from wanting to leave. Its so obvious.

They are only your friends while your in their club.

Would it be fair to say it was up to the other Party's to draw the electorate's attention to this propaganda? And by failing miserably to do so it just highlighted their ineptitude?

Whether they did or they didn't doesn't really alter the fact a healthy dose of spin was used to win a majority and that the likes of yourself and psikey are now trying to rewrite the narrative to infer they were given carte blanch to do what they wished, that's simply untrue

I really don't think anyone who voted for Johnson and also voted Brexit is going to be too disappointed with how things are going. Do you know lots of people who voted Johnson for his "Oven Ready Deal" and are now pulling their hair out because of a lack of progress in getting a trade deal? If so, why do you think it is they're blaming Johnson and not the EU?

One other thing: It could be argued that during the election campaign Boris calculated that, if he won a majority, then the EU would negotiate a trade deal in good faith. That doesn't seem to be happening if you believe the UK side. But then you probably think Johnson is lying?

Many times but they have some type of filter to block stuff out they don't want to know.

Which Johnson sold as getting Brexit done to win an election. Getting Brexit done is to secure a trade deal, not finish the bit that should have been easy and completed a while ago - concluding article 50.

A reminder from the LSE of the consequences of a no deal exit, even the best case scenario still far outweighs the damage we're seeing being done by Covid

1602879279813.png

A reminder from the LSE of the consequences of a no deal exit, even the best case scenario still far outweighs the damage we're seeing being done by Covid

View attachment 1382885

Isn't the LSE part funded by the EU? And to think I used to drink in their bar!!

Which Johnson sold as getting Brexit done to win an election. Getting Brexit done is to secure a trade deal, not finish the bit that should have been easy and completed a while ago - concluding article 50.
Getting Brexit done message as clear as day for me from day one, Leave EU with a good deal or with No deal.

Just taking France alone shows never any realism in a fair negotiation. Name any other independent country that would just give up all their coastal waters to another country. Its so farcical to even believe!

Tell you what, we buy a lot of potatoes from France apparently. Let France give UK all the land in France that our potatoes are grown on as UK territory.

Getting brexit done was just about leaving the EU

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom