Negotiating new trade deals and closing the rift.

Enough, please...
If there was any humanitarian aid we could give our European neighbours I hope we would.

I noticed and appreciated that.

Yeah but as of a few hours ago we hadn't accepted.

Which considering it also covers medical equipment we desperately need, is very disappointing.

Yeah but as of a few hours ago we hadn't accepted.

Which considering it also covers medical equipment we desperately need, is very disappointing.

Surely that must be an oversight, i'd like to think even the most hardened eurosceptic wouldn't turn down an offer of assistance when there's lives at stake

Surely that must be an oversight, i'd like to think even the most hardened eurosceptic wouldn't turn down an offer of assistance when there's lives at stake

Going to be raised in Parliament tomorrow (I believe).

It had better be an oversight amongst the chaos, or we have a government that is wilfully neglecting an opportunity to assist our frontline workers.

Going to be raised in Parliament tomorrow (I believe).

It had better be an oversight amongst the chaos, or we have a government that is wilfully neglecting an opportunity to assist our frontline workers.

Despite how little i think of BoJo even i don't think he'd stoop that low, it must be a mistake

I'm not sure that inclusion in the Joint Procurement Scheme is as good as it may seem like a gesture. On the face of it, it seems a nice gesture, but strictly speaking despite being no longer a signatory we are still in the single market and are paying into it. But at the same time, the EU is also looking at putting export restrictions in place regarding medical equipment. And the UK is looking at repurposing its manufacturing purpose to support this.

Whilst I am not suggesting anything malicious, it is something that need to be looked into carefully and that it doesn't backfire. Whilst there may be the promise of a pot of gold, I can also see a lot of bears down that road.

Barnier just caught the virus. He won't be doing anything for a bit.

Certainly they are not two separate issues though, the virus will affect a great many things in the coming months, including the global economy. Could be a recession, huge job losses, business' collapsing - all things that could impact on a Deal/No Deal, or be impacted on by a Deal/No Deal.

We have left the EU anyway, this is just the transition period. If it needs extending so be it. These are unprecedented times that no-one anticipated. As damaging to us as it could be to the EU.

David Frost the U.K.’s chief negotiator now in self isolation after showing symptoms of the virus, no way anythings happening any time soon

I'm not sure that inclusion in the Joint Procurement Scheme is as good as it may seem like a gesture. On the face of it, it seems a nice gesture, but strictly speaking despite being no longer a signatory we are still in the single market and are paying into it. But at the same time, the EU is also looking at putting export restrictions in place regarding medical equipment. And the UK is looking at repurposing its manufacturing purpose to support this.

Whilst I am not suggesting anything malicious, it is something that need to be looked into carefully and that it doesn't backfire. Whilst there may be the promise of a pot of gold, I can also see a lot of bears down that road.

Well given the nature and severity of this crisis, I think they should be prepared to shoot first and ask any questions later.

And some EU politician suggesting to Netflix etc.to throttle bandwidth (which they are doing😏), thought we left?

And some EU politician suggesting to Netflix etc.to throttle bandwidth (which they are doing😏), thought we left?

Was that not a preventative measure to reduce the risk of it crashing totally with the massive uptake in use?

It is a bit weird this Netflix thing. Might have to get my tin foil hat out :laugh: By all accounts it appears completely unnecessary, at this point anyway. Netflix and Google should have plenty of room to spare even if there is a huge spike in users.

Not a comparable scenario.

There will be long term talks that could take years. This is the very beginning of the process.

Our transition has an end date of Dec. 31st, to which we have a deadline in just 3 months to adhere to if we want an extension to that. Right in the thick of this crisis.

Most interesting bit from that article is actually -

"Brussels duly did, with a reform of the enlargement process presented in February, which France welcomed.

EU governments, not just the commission, now have more say over the process, ensuring that hopefuls meet targets in economic, judicial and other reforms, and can reset the process if Balkan governments do not step up."

So the EU is capable of reform and shifting power away from the commission.

Not a comparable scenario.

There will be long term talks that could take years. This is the very beginning of the process.

Our transition has an end date of Dec. 31st, to which we have a deadline in just 3 months to adhere to if we want an extension to that. Right in the thick of this crisis.

Most interesting bit from that article is actually -

"Brussels duly did, with a reform of the enlargement process presented in February, which France welcomed.

EU governments, not just the commission, now have more say over the process, ensuring that hopefuls meet targets in economic, judicial and other reforms, and can reset the process if Balkan governments do not step up."

So the EU is capable of reform and shifting power away from the commission.
In that case, if the apex decision point, the EU Council, wishes to do a deal with the UK without diminishing our sovereignty, they will instruct the commission accordingly. It really is simple. Sell us stuff tariff free or don't; we'll buy our foodstuffs elsewhere.

Bringing in Albania, in particular, is good enough reason to leave the EU. They bring their crime with them as we already see and we'd be paying zillions to up Albania's infrastructure.

EU finding time for this. Sooner we are out the better.

The fine was administered for Italy’s apparently ‘illegal’ use of state-aid funds for the struggling hotel industry in Sardinia. To add insult to injury, Italy will need to pay an additional €80,000 for every day that the fine remains unpaid.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom