Quantcast

Neff induction hob problem

MikeParks

Novice Member
I have a Neff induction hob which plugs into a standard 3 pin socket. It blows the fuse in the plug as soon as I plug it in even before switching it on.
Model number is T40B31X2GB.
Any ideas world be appreciated.

wiz

Distinguished Member
Cant see that being an easy fix. If it's a few years old I'd replace it!

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
What fuse are you using?

MikeParks

Novice Member
Thanks for the replies. 13 amp fuse, replaced a couple of times. I have had a quick look inside the cover underneath and can't see any trapped wires or evidence of anything shorting.
It is only three and a half years old but it is at the lower end of the Neff induction hobs so probably not worth getting a Neff engineer involved.

wiz

Distinguished Member
Might be worth having a word with Neff. Depending how much you paid 3.5 years is not a reasonable amount of time for it to last. It's not as though you use it 24/7

the whistler

What's the power rating of the hob?

Four ring jobs are usually up in the 6kw or above range which makes them far to high for a 13a plug. The limit would be around 3kw.

the whistler

Just googled the model and its 2990w. If your supply voltage is 240v then amp rating would be 2990 / 240 which is 12.45amp. But if your voltage is 230v then this makes it 13amps so if all rings are used together it could blow the fuse.

Does it blow when less than four rings are in use? If so, then it looks like a fault.

Edit. Just retread your post and I see it blows as soon as you plug in without load, so definitely a short circuit fault on the hob.

Top Bottom