Quantcast

Question Neff C17MR02.0B - Combination Microwave

robert1234567

Novice Member
We purchased 5 Neff appliances in 2016 for a new kitchen extension. One of the ovens is a C17MR02.0B, after 1 year it started going wrong, we could not use the microwave in combination with the oven it just kept switching off. Called Neff and after 3 attempts to repair with days to Christmas they exchanged it. The new model now shows on microwave 600w or Max the old one was 600w and 1000w. We have now noticed that when running the microwave the outside grill element at the top of the oven glows red. So we have a microwave that also heats the oven via the grill element. This seems strange!! This did not happen on the previous oven

The power consumed on initial switch on is 3000 Watts and the outside grill element glows red, after 6 minutes drops down to 1500 watts and the outside grill element turns off. The oven temperature rises to 100 degrees C during the 6 minute period.

Has anyone else experienced similar or the same issue of the grill coming on when using JUST the microwave alone? If so what did Neff do to rectify?

outoftheknow

Distinguished Member
Not experienced it but it is clearly a fault. No microwave should heat the cavity like that. Reject it I would say.

The 600W from 1000W thing is maybe the long running saga noted in another thread here

Neff C17MS32N0B microwave - don't buy before you read this|!!

although I have no idea if that is alleged for other models or combinations like yours. Most combination ovens limit the power with oven or grill but go full tilt when only in microwave mode IME.

dannnielll

We purchased 5 Neff appliances in 2016 for a new kitchen extension. One of the ovens is a C17MR02.0B, after 1 year it started going wrong, we could not use the microwave in combination with the oven it just kept switching off. Called Neff and after 3 attempts to repair with days to Christmas they exchanged it. The new model now shows on microwave 600w or Max the old one was 600w and 1000w. We have now noticed that when running the microwave the outside grill element at the top of the oven glows red. So we have a microwave that also heats the oven via the grill element. This seems strange!! This did not happen on the previous oven

The power consumed on initial switch on is 3000 Watts and the outside grill element glows red, after 6 minutes drops down to 1500 watts and the outside grill element turns off. The oven temperature rises to 100 degrees C during the 6 minute period.

Has anyone else experienced similar or the same issue of the grill coming on when using JUST the microwave alone? If so what did Neff do to rectify?
It reads to me as if the combination oven comes on for these six minutes . I woul doubt whether the microwave generator is heating the element. If only because the trafo and the magnetron would not be able to sustain such power levels for a minute let alone six. Unless it is a mode you selected eg combo.. then it's a software glitch and a cause for complaint.

robert1234567

Novice Member
We found the problem. A manufacturers default setting, turns the grill on whilst microwaving to dry out the oven at the end of cooking. Not a very energy efficient solution by the manufacturer.

jb61

Novice Member
We found the problem. A manufacturers default setting, turns the grill on whilst microwaving to dry out the oven at the end of cooking. Not a very energy efficient solution by the manufacturer.
Hello. Have you been able to do anything about this? Please reply and let me know. It’s really dangerous and I keep burning my hand. Thank you.

stevelup

Distinguished Member
Just turn off the feature - the instructions are in the manual. The function is called 'Dry microwave'