Which extender would you go for?

• Total voters

KamSandhu44

Established Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Link to the ex50 doesn't work.

I can't compete the two because I've never seen the ex50, but I've had the neet extender for a couple of weeks and I'm very happy with it.

The IR handling works perfectly and the video is excellent. I've played Xbox and watching 3D/HD films and couldn't tell that it went through an extender.

Link to the ex50 doesn't work.

I can't compete the two because I've never seen the ex50, but I've had the neet extender for a couple of weeks and I'm very happy with it.

The IR handling works perfectly and the video is excellent. I've played Xbox and watching 3D/HD films and couldn't tell that it went through an extender.

Link should be fixed.

Thanks for your input. I have heard good things about the Neet products.

Hey Kam,

Thanks for highlighting that link problem. I guess the question really is as to what you are trying to achieve with your home set up... we give all AVF members 10% off RRP which should bring the price down slightly for you. I guess the real benefit of the EX50 is having a mirrored HDMI output on the transmitter which will allow to both extend and split a HDMI signal.

Let us know if you have any questions or call 01684 576 348.

Hey Kam,

Thanks for highlighting that link problem. I guess the question really is as to what you are trying to achieve with your home set up... we give all AVF members 10% off RRP which should bring the price down slightly for you. I guess the real benefit of the EX50 is having a mirrored HDMI output on the transmitter which will allow to both extend and split a HDMI signal.

Let us know if you have any questions or call 01684 576 348.

Hi Dee,

Are the EX50 HDBaseT?

No they do not use HDBaseT-- HDBaseT is one type of video transmission technology but there are others... so the EX50s are just a single-wire HDMI over Cat solution. They won't push everything over the cable that HDBaseT-product will (so no PoE or 10/100 Ethernet for example)... however our pro installers find them equally as reliable as a HDBaseT product (we sell a lot them each month), and installers often use them in conjunction with HDBaseT matrixes.

No they do not use HDBaseT-- HDBaseT is one type of video transmission technology but there are others... so the EX50s are just a single-wire HDMI over Cat solution. They won't push everything over the cable that HDBaseT-product will (so no PoE or 10/100 Ethernet for example)... however our pro installers find them equally as reliable as a HDBaseT product (we sell a lot them each month), and installers often use them in conjunction with HDBaseT matrixes.

Is the signal completely uncompressed?

Neet extenders are built by a company called Lenkeng, they have some good products but also have some confusing terminology. They have their own "standard" called HDBitT which in my opinion is designed to confuse consumers.

However the one linked to is HDBaseT as we tested them against our own HDBaseT product. It is budget extender but as @28601 has said they work well though doesnt have POH (power over HDBaseT).

We have just taken on some lower cost Triax HdBaseT Extenders again without POH but hit a price point and from a well known manufacturer. these are £99+VAT

Neet extenders are built by a company called Lenkeng, they have some good products but also have some confusing terminology. They have their own "standard" called HDBitT which in my opinion is designed to confuse consumers.

However the one linked to is HDBaseT as we tested them against our own HDBaseT product. It is budget extender but as @28601 has said they work well though doesnt have POH (power over HDBaseT).

We have just taken on some lower cost Triax HdBaseT Extenders again without POH but hit a price point and from a well known manufacturer. these are £99+VAT

Thanks for that insight. POH is not important, there is power behind the tv, plus options to use the TV usb to power the receiver.

I have just bought the Lindy C6 hardware for extending my HDMI signal. This link takes you to the manufacturers website: Lindy C6

I bought it off that bay shop which i think i'm unable to link to, but can confirm the price was allot less than on the manufacturer is quoted.

The Lindy C6 is awesome and works straight out the box. The thing about the Lindy i like is it also sends LAN signal at the same time. So you have 2x Lan outputs on the receiver side which can be used by TV or PS4 etc etc

Many TV's are pretty poor/useless at supplying power via USB to a relatively power hungry HDBT Receiver unit.

Joe

Many TV's are pretty poor/useless at supplying power via USB to a relatively power hungry HDBT Receiver unit.

Joe

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer in my comment, I was specifically talking about the HDA EX50.

Not sure about the other brands, I have not looked at that yet.

I have the Neet one, it's simply works, no drop outs and the picture looks as it should. They also come with a 2 year warranty.

HDbaseT is lossless and a recognised standard, the other one is not, so clearly, HDbaseT is the one to go for being the cheaper option and the better performer.

Nice to see HDbaseT approaching affordability for those that want a simple extension.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom