• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Needing to buy a new DVD player - having been out of market for some time!

T

Toffeeman01

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but have joined as I am now thinking about replacing my aging Pioneer DV-626D. There are many reasons for doing this but the main one is the fact that there seem to be new DVDs that it just won't play.

What do I want then?

Well mostly I play music DVDs with the odd film. It is not connected to a surround sound system (and I have no plans to). I want good sound quality, the ability to play region 1 and 2 (I'm located in the UK), and, if possible I would like to be able to play MPEGs/AVI/WMVs on CDs or DVDs burned off the PC.

I'm not inclined to go High Def whilst the market hasn't settled down and would be willing to pay up to £300-400 (unless someone tells me that I need to find more!).

Can anyone provide any guidance?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom