1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

needing help

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by redsqiz, Feb 13, 2004.

1. redsqiz

redsqiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought a mobile phone off a market stall near me (i know i should know better..but it was cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!)it worked for a month now has shut down someone told me it needs its imei number changing
    1.what is a imei number?
    2.how do i change it?
    id be grateful if anyone has any suggestions(except throwing it in the bin)thanks

2. davescot

davescot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like this phones been stolen, probably doesn't work now coz all the U.K networks have blocked it as its been reported stolen, changing the imei number is illegal and difficult to do as you have to change the UEM chip (something like that anyway), phones probably permanently useless now.

3. Doublespresso

Doublespresso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep, illigal to chenge IMEI numbers since 1st April 2003, see the "sticky" thread posted above for more info.

Doublespresso

4. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Has it been disconnected or just not working?

If the phone really was that cheap, then you should just write it off and remember not to buy anything in future that is so cheap that it was probably stolen.

Take it back to the stall

Contact the Police/ Trading Standards about the stall holder possibly selling stolen goods

The local council should have a record of who rented the stall on that particular day

5. redsqiz

redsqiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys for your help wot a stroke of good look was looking round a market 10 mile away from where i first got ripped off and guess who i bumped into yes thats right the git who ripped me off well to cut along story short i pursauded him to refund my money(if you know wot i mean!!!!)so alls well that ends well

:)sqiz