needing help with sky in another room

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by on_the_edge, Jul 5, 2005.

1. on_the_edge

on_the_edge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, all, my first post, so please be gentle with me! :hiya:
    To try and be brief, i have got sky in my living room, (normal, not sky+ or sky's multi-room), and just bought a second digi-box which is in the bedroom, now the problem is, i bought a 2 way splitter from maplins, it is the one that stops power from both digi-boxes to the lnb (????), the guy said it was the one i needed, now, i cut the cable coming in from the dish, connected the splitter, and the 2 boxes, but i cant seem to get channels on both boxes, i get them all on one tv, but hardly any on the 2nd, and when one box is turned off, i can still hear the channel it was on!! please please help :lease:
    i am going crazy!! :(

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The guy in Maplins was an idiot. You can't split the feed to the dish - it doesn't work, because the box sends signals up to the dish to choose the polarity and frequency band. To use a second box, you need a "multi-output LNB", which is the part that fits in the centre of the dish, and you can get these with 2 or more outputs. You need to get one of these, fit it to the dish, then run another cable to the second box.