Needing advice, please help!!!

Yorkshire saint

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hiya
Long term lurker finally getting to have ago myself.
Already purchased a Panasonic 55VT65 television and a Oppo 103D Blu ray player, next up is the AV receiver then finally the surround speakers.
I have a budget of around £750 but anything saved could be spent on the speakers.
Our living room is around 4.5 meters wide 3.5 meters long. Viewing distance from television will be about 2.5 meters I'd guess. television is going to be wall mounted on a false chimney with speakers surrounding tele, once the gassfire has been capped and removed, rear speakers will probably end up in the ceiling as the wall behind the sofa is only a plasterbaord wall, the otherside is the kitchen.
The boss doesn't want any visable wires, clutter so everything must be neat.
This will be my first foray into anything more sophisticated than our hifi plugged into the tele so user friendly please.
Read a lot of good things about Pioneer, Onkyo and Yamaha.
Any and all constructive advise more than welcome.
please help a newbie get going
thanks

For your budget I would suggest the Yamaha 1073 which is £500 in Peter Tyson but used to sell for £1k. What is your speaker budget? Satellite speakers could be mounted on the rear wall and so would something like the Monitor Audio FX range of speakers without issue. Do you want small speakers or could you have standmounts or floorstanders up front? Putting the centre speaker either in or on a cabinet is far from ideal so would you be able to wall mount the centre speaker?

Hi Psm, thanks for your reply.
Speaker budget is around £1,250 to £1,500.
Want all the speakers wall or ceiling mounting, we have a very curious three year old son that loves to know things work
All the installation of speakers and building of the false chimney or wall will be completed by a custom installer.
thanks

Then the Yamaha 1073 would be the best option which would give you up to £1,750 for the speakers which would be a good balance of speaker/receiver. As for speakers something like the Monitor Audio Radius or Apex ranges would be worth a look.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom