Needing a VCR Glasgow Southside.

bouncer

Managed to get a VCR now to try and get it to show me a picture with anything beyond a premade scrart cable!

Last edited:

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Have a scan of Freecycle & place your own wanted ad if there's nothing there?

Although if £15 is the going rate on Gumtree you could get your money back when you've finished.

unique

but late for today, but try cash converter type places. you should be able to haggle. i got a £300 sony for about £20 a few years ago in tip top condition to put vhs to dvd as i had a similar chewing problem with my existing player. at least you get some kind of guarantee with a store. there must be loads of second hand ones in glasgow

bouncer

Cash generator turned up nothing. More likely to find an original xbox system than a VCR.

MartinMiller

i could ask my mum and dad later? they do car boot sales so might have one lying around.

martin

Julie

...not paying £15 for a old VCR.
Then how much do you expect to pay for a working VCR may I ask? £15 seems a fair price to me.

Why not put up an add in the forum classifieds?

bouncer

Got a hold of one for nout :D

Now ive ran into an issue! Using composite cable/RCA Cables and a scart adapter I can't seem to get a anything to show up!

Anyone have ideas?

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Does the scart adapter have a switch? If not then it will be either in or out only.

bouncer

No switch. This is a new one to me. Bleh another thing im going to have to go buy.