Needed a driving game ... did I do good?

PhilNUK

Established Member
Reaction score
I got my PS3 on Saturday with Motorstorm..
since then I have bought Virtua Fighter, Virtua Tennis 3 and Resistance...

went to HMV today and saw Ridge Racer and F1.... so tempted to get both but needed just the one...

I downloaded the F1 demo last night, and really enjoyed it... so I thought I aint risking RR7, at least I know that F1 is good...

then I have just been checking reviews and its been pretty negative...

did I make the right choice? Will I get bored of it? is it better than RR?

if you like F1 then you made the right choice.

if not it'll bore the arse off you

Depends what you like. I love Ridge Racer. Really fun (unrealistic) drifting racing style with loads of single player content & good multiplayer.
However it doesn't seem to be that popular here. Moreso in Japan.

F1 has had OK reviews. I guess of you are into F1 you will like it. I prefer my racing to be fun at the expense of realism.

The racing game that everyone is talking about is Motor Storm. Off Road racing with amazing next-gen graphics. I will be getting that soon.

To answer your question, if you played F1 & you enjoyed it, u did good.

Johnny

the demo is far better than the actual game, and lots of people are bored by the overly long races and setup for every race, RR7 has far more enjoyment factor. IMO.

the demo is far better than the actual game, and lots of people are bored by the overly long races and setup for every race, RR7 has far more enjoyment factor. IMO.

Not me, love F1 CE, great game.

Huddo

cheers for the replies guys

Not a fan of F1 on TV... find it dull.. prefer MotoGP.. but I have always loved F1 games... well the good ones anyway :smashin:
I will give it a play tonight and if its crap I will go swap it in HMV..

F1 is a very good game but the strange thing is RR7 has spent far more time in my ps3 than either F1 or Motorstorm!

Personally, i find F1 on TV a bit boring and love motogp but being a fan of racing ie rally etc, i dont particularly like RR7 due to the fact its so unrealistic... i still like F1... rele good imo... id defo choose F1

daft question this but is F1 online and is there a lot of people to race against

dave

have you thought about need for speed carbon? i quite enjoy it and i've always been able to find a online race straight away, something that's a bit annoying about motorstorm! also its 2 player as well.

played some F1 last night... really enjoyed it.. Had a go on the Indy circuit and my pit crew were hasselling me about going in and re-fuelling.. which I did... but the car never stopped in the pits and carried on right through and I ended up running out of fuel.... was a bit annoying!

any ideas?

played some F1 last night... really enjoyed it.. Had a go on the Indy circuit and my pit crew were hasselling me about going in and re-fuelling.. which I did... but the car never stopped in the pits and carried on right through and I ended up running out of fuel.... was a bit annoying!

any ideas?

Fire the Pit Crew:smashin:

if it's anything like the psp version, you need to hit select to request a pit stop - they will then confirm that they are ready for you!

Think the game is great on the psp, will definetely buy it when I finally get my PS3, hopefully next month!

have you thought about need for speed carbon? i quite enjoy it and i've always been able to find a online race straight away, something that's a bit annoying about motorstorm! also its 2 player as well.

need for speed carbon is a hairy bag of **** better off buying PS2 most wanted tbh

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom