Need TV advice please... (again!)

Oblit3ration

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, need some advice from those that are in the know - I'm looking at getting a plasma TV for home, but not knowing much about them I need as much help as possible.

The one I'm looking at is here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-50-PL...oryZ3320QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But I'm struggling to figure out the model number of the TV (someone gives some advice as to what it may be here: PDP-50?MXE iv put the ? in as it could be generation 1 to 7

Looking at the specs posted would it possible be a good one to go for (thinking Sky HD, PS3/ XBox 360 etc)

Many thanks in advance for any pointers....

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Personally i wouldn`t touch the tv with a barge pole for one reason mainly.

Can you tell me how many people have bought a tv and have forgotten what they have bought ? We all know the models of what we buy whether its a tv, a sky HD box or a new car.

This is nothing against the seller as its just the way i operate, if someone doesn`t know what they are selling or they can`t give me the info i want then i walk away.

Also it comes with no warranty, thats a fair bit of money to risk with no piece of mind. He says in his auction that that tv is only 18 months old and in his answers at the bottom he says the tv was over £4,000, would you buy a tv that was over £4,000 and not take out an extended warranty ? He obviously doesn`t have one or he would have advertised it with a warranty.

If it's the professional plasma as stated it probably isn't a TV at all, just a display screen. I have a friend who has one. No Freeview, very bare looking remote; good picture but definitely not a main stream device.

Edit - just seen it has DVI inputs which confirms my suspicions.

No way would I spend that much money on ebay, it probably has faults and you have no come back if something doesn't work on it.

Just asking to buy trouble that is.

No way would I spend that much money on ebay, it probably has faults and you have no come back if something doesn't work on it.

Just asking to buy trouble that is.

exactly,dont do it,i have had four different plasmas(lg,samsung,and now panasonic) with faults in the space of sixteen months,just bad luck i guess but am so glad i have cover and would never dream of spending that amount on a plasma without it.

You could get a panny 42"PZ70 for that kinda money..
Brand new with 5 years warranty.:thumbsup:
I know what i would do.:smashin:

Thanks guys, I didn't go for it in the end.

I'm now looking at one of these two:

Tosh 52Z3030D or 47Z3030D

I realise its a change going from Plasma to LCD, but I forgot I can get a very very good saving on any of the Toshiba models, so they have to be taken into consideration.

I'm just ignorant as to whether getting an LCD is the right option now!

I have read the review here: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Toshiba-47Z3030D - but wondering if the same things apply to the 52" model?

Thanks for opinions/ advice.

i would seriously consider looking at LCDs of that size before purchasing one. I would stick with Plasma personally.

Thanks Chamill, I will certianly do that before I actually hand over my hard earned cash.

Other than the obvious visual differences (thinner bezzel etc) whats the main differences between these models?

46XF355D & 47Z3030D?

I was planning on getting the 3030D and walked out with a plasma. The plasma was noticably superior for sky TV / DVD.

But if you are set on an LCD then you'd probably be best asking for info in the LCD forum. :)

I was planning on getting the 3030D and walked out with a plasma. The plasma was noticably superior for sky TV / DVD.

But if you are set on an LCD then you'd probably be best asking for info in the LCD forum. :)

Yes, my bad, sorry for that, I've just realised I've changed my path and I'm sitting in the Plasma forum!

I've asked the same question in a thread over there now - many thanks for all the input.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom