Need to reduce height of image...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by DDmUSA, Mar 19, 2006.

1. DDmUSA

DDmUSA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello...

I have a widescreen DLP projector that can not be moved from its location in the room. As a result of the projector location and my particular room situation, the image from my HDTV cable receiver is too tall in height for my viewing wall. If I purchase a video scaler, will I be able to reduce the overall height of the resulting image coming from my HDTV cable receiver box? I already have a YPbPr auto switch box that switches up to four devices to my projector and also switches the fiber optic digital audio as well. I am looking for a product that will adjust (reduce) the image height from my HDTV cable receiver box. The resolution is already correct, but the overall height is too much for my viewing wall due to room construction.

Any recommendations on product(s) that will accomplish this task ???

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,101
    It depends on the projector. With any of the Lumagen range you will be able to reduce the size of the outgoing active picture area (or it may be easier to reduce the incoming image size in the frame buffer). With the former, on some projectors, there will be a point when the display will not recognise the signal and the image may be lost.

I do know of at least one instance where this feature was used to fix exactly the problem you descibe though.

Gordon

3. DDmUSA

DDmUSA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am expecting to receive a recommendation and confirmation from someone as to what particular make and model of scaler or other product will reduce the height of the incoming image in order for my resulting projector image to fit within my viewing wall. My projector by BenQ does not offer any sort of zoom reduction so I am looking for a zoom reduction feature within some sort of other product, such as a scaler. I need to reduce about 3 inches off the top and bottom of the projected image.