Need to move dish While I work on House

damianpadden

I am having some work done on my house for the next month or so and the dish needs to be taken down while this happens. I asked sky how much this would be and they said it would cost the same as two call out fees(about 65 pounds to move the dish 1 place then 65 pounds to put it back when the work is done). I would like to know if I took the dish down and placed it on my shed roof while the work is being done would it effect the warranty I have with sky. The problem I have is that the dish is on a back wall that will not exist in 3 to 4 weeks and the new wall that is will need to go on will require more cable. I have no probs with calling out a engineer once to put the dish back up and redo the cabling but do not see the need for 2 call out charges.

Any advice on this would be great

SamRadford

Once the dish is removed you'll obviously have no warranty. But once Sky replace it, you'll have the warranty again.

Or you could do it yourself. Not difficult. See movie here:
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/satmeter.htm

If you position it correctly on the shed roof, you will still be able to watch Sky programmes.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom