Need to hack ANY player sold in Japan right now...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by jayyy, Mar 2, 2005.

1. jayyy

jayyy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Live in Japan and want a player that can view my movies from home, too...but I wrote down the model numbers of everything in the stores, and can't find a hack for a single one, even in databases with thousands of entries.

2 main questions-

1) Do companies designate specific models just for sale in a single country? ie, is the reason I cant find any cracks just because I'm searching the english/american internet, and these models aren't for sale there?

2) If thats the case, Is it safe to assume that a dvd player in japan will be as crackable as sister models sold in other countries? Suppose I get a victor xv-p303 here, and find a crack for a, say, victor xv-404 released in the UK around the same time..would the same crack likely work? Japan is zone 2, just like the UK...though tv here is ntsc, like the US, and the electrical supply is about 110 watts, just under US/North american specs (japanese products work in the USA and vice versa)

Please help! Here are some models I can get here:

panasonic dvd s39
    denon dvd 550sd
    pioneer dv 474
    sanyo dvd-s8
    victor xv 303
    sharp dv sf80p
    sony dvd f35p
    mitsubishi dj p230
    sony dvp ns575
    toshiba sd 260j
    sharp dv nc700
    dv gh 700
    sony slv d373p
    dmtech dmp 345

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I know for Denon they produce region specific machines depending on scart or NTSC.
    So you will need M.R from Japan for your unit. So start asking the dealers if they have it.

Good luck hunting it down.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,072
    Just take a short trip over to Hong Kong and buy any player there with a multi-voltage power supply. They are routinely supplied multi-regional in HK.

4. jayyy

jayyy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. For some reason multi region layers don't seem to be sold here...but I managed to find a JVC XV-something model imported from the states that works fine here...not too expensive either, maybe about 70 or 80 quid.