Need to find a new FPS Any ideas?

gazman010

Established Member
Reaction score
Since moving from mw2 till blops that i hate i needy find sumthing else to get my fix! A cant even be bothered with mw2 anymore and i hated Moh and battlefield is there any other game worth playing online thats availible now?

Needs to be like ur behind the gun like cod a hate those games were you control ur man if ye know what i mean!:lease:

Since moving from mw2 till blops that i hate i needy find sumthing else to get my fix! A cant even be bothered with mw2 anymore and i hated Moh and battlefield is there any other game worth playing online thats availible now?

Needs to be like ur behind the gun like cod a hate those games were you control ur man if ye know what i mean!:lease:

I've not played it myself but some of the people I play online with rave about Frontlines?

does it have to be a modern war type shooter?

i know its a really old game but half life orange box is an excellent shooter.its a sci fi shooter but its an amazing game.which you could probably get for a fiver.

me and a mate have been playing quantum of solace a lot of late and amazingly a fair few people still play this online too. had virtually full 6 v 6 every time in team conflict (team deathmatch)

it's based on the COD engine. no killstreaks or awards, just go around and shooting. it's FPS but also has a cover system so a variety of styles

perfect? not at all but got it for £5 and with a not too awful campaign and a not too awful multiplayer it's def worth the money imo.

downside? there are campers and no kill cams so you dont always know where they camp but everyone soon flushes them out.

also with it being trayarch the spawning system is not perfect, but then which game ever is

me and a mate have been playing quantum of solace a lot of late and amazingly a fair few people still play this online too. had virtually full 6 v 6 every time in team conflict (team deathmatch)

+1

Also its got proximity mines which are really fun, the shotguns are really overpowered and have great range.

Plus a few different modes that cod doesnt have, golden gun and a VIP style mode. I enjoyed it for the time i spent on it. Stopped when i got all the achievements though.

yeh the shotguns are overpowered and have a bit too much range and quite annoying sometimes but also stupidly fun.

and yeh prox mines = win!!!!

lukcily people use a variety of guns from shotguns to machine guns. so despite its flaws usually balances out with generally good maps IMO

I went on QOS last week or week before, hadn't been on for several months, had a few good games and was also surprised the amount of people still playing it, the campaign was solid and the mp was and still is good, the game modes work well and are fun to play.

yeh i've been really enjoying it too, suprisingly so. golden gun is actually quite annoying yet utterly enjoyable. annoying cos when people get it mostly they camp yet sometimes they dont ant trying to avoid being shot while chasing em down is highly enjoyable :)

team deathmatch is fun, free for all is enjoyable too.

it's not amazing but it's hardly awful and it's a good, solid game that's also very cheap

Frontlines Fuel for War is, in my eyes, the greatest FPS which was released on the 360. It was buggy as hell and had many issues like spawn camping which were eventually kinda sorted but for 25v25 online team battles on dedicated servers you can't really complain. Definitely one to check out, it takes a while to get used to it if you're used to CoD but it's worth dedicating some time to.

i'd wait for op flashpoint red river. it's all co op so no vs modes as such, but the guns felt brilliant in the previous game-dragon rising, so this should be even better as DR had a few bugs. you have to allow for bullet decay too, but kills feel like you've earnt them. it's not a point and kill jobbie here.
worth a try. i don't like blops either. it's more balanced than mw2, but it feels awful to me.

lot of good ones coming out very soon,bulletstorm/crysis 2 look really good & these will sure give you a different style of fps to COD or battlefield etc,maybe what you are looking for if you want a change of style of FPS

Wait until 28/01/11 & buy Tom Clancys Ghost Recon: Future Soldier you wont regret it.......

it's not out til about august mate.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom