Question Need To Decide On New TV By Tomorrow - Help!

snaeem155

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

To cut a long story short, Bought a Sony 75X8505 - Was terrible, crashes, backlight bleed and terrible ghosting.

Returned it and got a 75X9405 - Not terrible, no ghosting or backlight bleed BUT it crashes all the time.

Engineers have visited from Sony and have said that it is a mainboard issue and they are issuing me a refund as they dont have any of these sets left.

Now I need to decide by tomorrow what set to Buy - I have a budget of £4,000 as the retailer is collecting tomorrow and can drop off the new set at the same time.

Main requirements bar being a damn good set are:

75" min
HDR10
Preferably not Android based OS

I literally don't even know what to get after this experience and also being a lifelong Sony fanboy.

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks!

Who is the retailer firstly , and if they do Samsung at the right price , how about a 75ks8000 ....

May I ask why are you in a hurry to buy tomorrow.your money is secured I guess ?

The retailer is rgb direct.

They are collecting it Friday and can drop off a new one same day.

Consider a 65e6 you will not like this drop in size but offset by quality
Other option is to hold on to your money if you have a spare TV and invest in 2017 new range...
Even Sony should improve with new os and hopefully better chips

Save yourself some money and go for the hisense 75m7900 wish i had done, hisense are going to drown out alot of the big companies around today. I bought a pansonic 65dx902 and i consider it a waste of money, for a top of the line tv it is such a let down picture quality wise, i would give up all the bells and whistles 4k hdr and the like just for a good hd picture. Read the hisense thread, wish i had bought it instead.

Save yourself some money and go for the hisense 75m7900 wish i had done, hisense are going to drown out alot of the big companies around today. I bought a pansonic 65dx902 and i consider it a waste of money, for a top of the line tv it is such a let down picture quality wise, i would give up all the bells and whistles 4k hdr and the like just for a good hd picture. Read the hisense thread, wish i had bought it instead.

I have no idea what your talking about here. Are you speaking from experience or is this a case of the grass is greener on the other side? If you have a DX902 then any hisense is going to disappoint you even more, unless the dx902 is defective.

As a Hisense 65XT910, their current flagship, owner and a 65DX902 there is a clear argument in favour of the 902. Hisense have the ingredients to be very good but the firmware and implementation is rough. The out of the box settings, image processing and CMS quality reflect this.

As for the OP questions. Choices are very limited for 75" and with a budget of £4k. Your only real choice aside from the Sony you already had are the Samsung KS8000. There are other lower spec models from various manufacturers in 70"+ but honestly if your spending that sort of money you really don't want to sacrifice PQ for size. You'll regret it in the long run.

As has been suggested, you might consider a top end 65". If sound matters then LG E6 might be good choice, if not the B6 looses nothing in PQ and can be had for around £2700.

Can't you get your money back? The 2017 models are all incoming over the next few months. I'd be tempted to hold off to see what's released instead of buying something that is about to be discontinued - sounds like the sony x94 is already there if sony can't even source a mainboard for repair.

Last edited:
My advice for what it's worth is to keep hold of your cash and look to buy one of this years new sets. OLED will drop in price and have made further improvements, other options will also be available within your price range and I'm not sure what other real alternatives you could choose from what's currently available. Only downside is that you will have to wait a few months to buy but I think you'll end up regretting buying something in haste now once the new sets become available.

I have no idea what your talking about here. Are you speaking from experience or is this a case of the grass is greener on the other side? If you have a DX902 then any hisense is going to disappoint you even more, unless the dx902 is defective.

As a Hisense 65XT910, their current flagship, owner and a 65DX902 there is a clear argument in favour of the 902. Hisense have the ingredients to be very good but the firmware and implementation is rough. The out of the box settings, image processing and CMS quality reflect this.

As for the OP questions. Choices are very limited for 75" and with a budget of £4k. Your only real choice aside from the Sony you already had are the Samsung KS8000. There are other lower spec models from various manufacturers in 70"+ but honestly if your spending that sort of money you really don't want to sacrifice PQ for size. You'll regret it in the long run.

As has been suggested, you might consider a top end 65". If sound matters then LG E6 might be good choice, if not the B6 looses nothing in PQ and can be had for around £2700.

Can't you get your money back? The 2017 models are all incoming over the next few months. I'd be tempted to hold off to see what's released instead of buying something that is about to be discontinued - sounds like the sony x94 is already there if sony can't even source a mainboard for repair.

Whats not to understand, It is clear from my post that i do own a panasonic 65dx902 and i gave my opinion on it, it is not a defective panel as far as i can ascertain, the picture quality is just not up their with my expectations of a top of the range tv, and for the same money i could have gone with the 75 inch hisense which i wish i had done now, that is my opinion.

The guy had 24 hours to buy a 75 inch tv, He was asking for opinions, i gave my opinion thats all, if he could have waited 6 months like you suggested then he would have had more time to make a more informed choice, i took him at his word that he might actually buy a tv without looking at it in person, i am only informed by what i read on the hisense thread, and it seemed like a good option for a guy in a hurry to make a quick choice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom