1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to Copy from Camcoder to PC and burn to CD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by aleceka, Jan 6, 2004.

1. aleceka

aleceka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sonsy PC110 camcoder. I need to copy the content of the video tape to PC and then burn to a CD to create a VCD. What kind of SW and cables etc. do I need. I use WIN 2K and ME.
    Thanks

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
  3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Assuming your PC all ready has a firewire card fitted, all you need is the cable (usually 4 pin to 6 pin) but if your PC does not have a firewire card you'll need one of those as well not much difference in any of the basic cards, here in England they can be bought for around £20 (GBP) and usually come complete with the cable.

A good basic editing software suite I use is Ulead Video Studio 7, but if you look at some of the other threads in this forum you will find other members giving their personal prefferences

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    As mentioned you need to have a firewire port on your PC. If it has one then you will just need to get a 6 pin to 4 pin firewire cable (normally supplied as standard with firewire cards). The 6 pin end will connect into the PC card and the 4 pin into the camcorder. Some PC's will also take a 4 pin connection, so if already installed check the mobo manual etc to see if you do need 4 pin cable.
    Any of the basic DV editing progs will do most of the work in creating a VCDfile. You will then need something like Nero to create the actual disk. If the editing software does not create a VCD compatable file then Nero will convert the file before writing it to disk.

Full tutorials and software advice can be found at www.dvdrhelp.com

Mark.

5. aleceka

aleceka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to all for the help. Now I know where to start.