Need to buy Atmos Speakers

MasterSokas

Hello all,

I'm thinking on adding 2 Atmos speakers to my system. I can not add them to ceiling for now, so i have to add them above my front left/right speakers.

My current speakers:
Front: Wharfedale diamond 10.5
Center: Wharfedale diamond 10.CS
Back: Wharfedale diamond 10.1
Sub: Bk Electronics Gemini II 150w

ATMOS: ???? 250€/200£ money limit

Do you guys think a WHARFEDALE D300 D3 will pair good with my system or you guys recommend another?

or

Should i wait to get more money and replace everything. My system was bought 12 years ago but still are in excellent condition and sound good.

My current AV Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606 but will be replaced by one of these:
Denon AVR-X2700H
Denon AVR-X1700H
Yamaha RX-V6A
As soon as i can find stock in Portugal or Spain.

Thanks

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Yep the Wharfedale 3D speakers will be closest match if that is what you want. They are fairly cheap and have the keyhole for wall mounting. Also available in white which i feel blends better with typical whiter walls, add wire trunking to hide em and you have clean looking setup.

If you like the sound of your speakers then don´t change em other than center channel perhaps if you find used 10.CM! It´s the most active speaker in your system and this CM model has larger 6,5" drivers plus being 3-way it´s superior to your CS. And of course it would be ideal match to your 10.5 mains as it uses identical drivers. :) But for it to be worth the swap you should also have the space for it. That means not hiding it low shooting knees inside cabinet. Rather you would have it close to seated ear height which usually means wall mounting the tv.

Another thing you could consider upgrading in future would be subwoofer assuming you want different type of experience with blockbuster flicks. Room shooking bass! That would mean larger box like SVS PB1000 Pro or BK Monolith. I have owned Gemini II and know what it can do and what not.. It´s quite polite and there is big change waiting for you if you swap it, however it won`t come cheaply!

As for av-receiver X2700H is solid choice. It has few hdmi inputs (hdmi 2.1 8K) less, but overall it´s better than X1700H and the price difference is very small. Yamaha RX-V6A would be good too, but it has the lower bandwith hdmi 2.1 connections vs. Denon, so it might not be as future proofed. If you aren`t in hurry wait for summer cause new 2022 models will be introduced and these old ones goes on sale.

wharfedale-d300-3D-ws-r1.jpg

Lyrica

Novice Member
Hello all,

I'm thinking on adding 2 Atmos speakers to my system. I can not add them to ceiling for now, so i have to add them above my front left/right speakers.

My current speakers:
Front: Wharfedale diamond 10.5
Center: Wharfedale diamond 10.CS
Back: Wharfedale diamond 10.1
Sub: Bk Electronics Gemini II 150w

ATMOS: ???? 250€/200£ money limit

Do you guys think a WHARFEDALE D300 D3 will pair good with my system or you guys recommend another?

or

Should i wait to get more money and replace everything. My system was bought 12 years ago but still are in excellent condition and sound good.

My current AV Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606 but will be replaced by one of these:
Denon AVR-X2700H
Denon AVR-X1700H
Yamaha RX-V6A
As soon as i can find stock in Portugal or Spain.

Thanks

Hi MasterSokas,
Did you end up getting the Wharfedale d300 3d atmos speakers?

If so, how did it go?

I just ordered a pair to Match (aesthetically as well as accoustically) my Wharfedale Diamond 200s (220, 200c, 210) and hoping I did well.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom