Need tips on importing PS3

sinizterguy

Novice Member
I am considering importing a PS3 for Region A BD playback. Gaming is not a priority for me and all BD players sold here would be local region rather than Region A which has better and quicker releases.

Could you please give me some tips on importing a PS3 ?

Points to consider
- US or Jap ?
- Retailer ? Prices ?
- Taxes on the import ?

Also
- Picture quality (I have heard is stands up to the best of the BD players)

So anyone who has imported a PS3 please post here.

I would be looking to get this around the middle of January so as to avoid the Christmas rush with Royal Mail and courier deliveries.

Thanks in advance.

psikey

Distinguished Member
US as if you do get into games and they impose region locking that its all english!

Will also play your US DVD's

For best price buy of US ebay unless your fluent on Japanese :D

For a £400 import I was charged £80 in duty/VAT (some get way with it).

To me blu-ray playback & operation is stunning and reviews say the same but I have nothing else to compare it with.

Korum

Haven't all these points been covered numerous times on other threads, I can't see the relevance of starting another one.

psikey

Distinguished Member
Maybe he wants the personal touch :D

But your right, a bit of searching would find most answers.

And he is a MODERATOR after all.

Korum

Maybe he wants the personal touch :D

But your right, a bit of searching would find most answers.

And he is a MODERATOR after all.
Oh, didn't see that, he'll probably just delete my posts now!!!

sinizterguy

Novice Member
Sorry about the new thread. Korum dont worry, Ill leave yours posts alone.

There is a lot of information about the PS3 and importing out there. I was hoping to get some information here which others could also use - in one thread.

I am currently in the process of looking through the other threads in this subforum and will delete this thread if it is as superfluous as you think it is.

Korum

It's a good idea to get all the tips on importing on one thread, import taxes seems to be a particular favourite at the moment, perhaps you could get rid of the need in the title and make it a sticky when all the info is gathered, just joking about the deleted posts though:devil:

Indiana Jones

My advice on importing, list the contents as a 'glass vase and books', have done this twice now and have avoided customs both times but I guess this couldnt change if people starting importing books by the van load :rolleyes: