Need suggestions on setup for whole house/theater receiver

V1R0T8

Novice Member
Hello, long time listener, finally just registered. I've built theaters in my past two houses and love good audio! However, we are currently building our forever home and I'm trying to figure out what to do for a receiver or multiple receivers. Bear with me as I explain the design:

My living room has 7.2.4 wires running to my built-ins.
My kitchen has a set of two ceiling speakers.
My dining room has a set of two ceiling speakers (not important to join but would love to)
My back porch as a set of two speakers.
All wires are running to one central spot in my living room built-ins.

My questions:
I'd like to be able to run my kitchen/back porch/a set of the ceiling speakers in the living room (for parties).
I'd like to retain the 7.2.2 functionality of my living room for movies (or ideally 7.2.4 if I can figure out how to have a switch setup)

I haven't purchased the speakers for the ceiling yet. I've read lightly about HEOS but honestly don't know anything about it what-so-ever.

I'd love to avoid having to put in two receivers, but I'm wondering if say a 13ch Denon would get me the setup I need if I assign the "party" channels separately.

I plan to buy a new receiver and setup regardless but don't want to unnecessarily spend but I want it to be streamlined the best I can. I currently have a 7ch Atmos Denon and a 9ch Atmos Onyx laying around.

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom