1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need suggestions for TV options

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by KornChild, May 14, 2005.

1. KornChild

KornChild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this is in the right forum, if it needs to be moved feel free & thanks.

Well I have done some research and have decided I will most likely be setting up all new home theater equipment within 6 months or so. First things first! TV's!

I will be doing mostly gaming (FPS's) & DVD. I want nothing but the best quality, no lag no delay just perfection. (impossible I know)

So here are some things I saw searching around on the forums and I was wondering if anyone had some more information and suggestions on what to look into. I work at best buy and had originally planned on just an LCD Flat Panel.

I will be getting the new Xbox360 & I am hoping for DVI/HDMI connections for it!

This is what I have gathered from other posts etc.

"One nice feature of this set for gaming is it's 720x1280 resolution which would allow 1:1 pixel mapping for next generation consoles like the X-box 360. "

From above that caught my eye. Are the games made in 720x1280 and that is what allows for 1:1?

I really wanted a TV that would support 1080i/p but that one he suggested is 720p which since the new xbox supports 1080i why would I want to go lower....?

Basically I want a TV that will have the best picture quality, response time/fps, for 360 and dvd's. So I assume something that will support 1080i would be best. In order to keep the best picture quality (1:1) I assume, I would have to get a TV that is 720x1280 right? What sizes/brands etc am I looking at to keep that 1:1 ratio? Atleast 37" + would be nice. Would size affect whether or not the tv is 720x1280?

As you can all see I'm fairly lost when it comes down to resolution etc etc. If someone could clear up what I've said above that would be great. Thanks for everyones time!

2. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd also like to know a bit more about this. What I really want a definate answer on is will LCD TVs look better than CRTs if used with HD sources, I keep getting a lot of "it should" and "could" for my liking.

I play a lot of games too so I wanted to know how todays current games play on LCDs as I havent seen any running, only DVDs which didn't look so hot to be honest.

3. KornChild

KornChild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, do you know what, I think I'm gonna wait on LCD and see what happens down the line I I'll chuck the cash I save at more expensive speakers instead. Call me a coward but I don't wanna spend loads of cash on something I won't be happy with, it's a shame though as some of them look lovely, I just wish my current DVD collection would look as nice on em :devil: