1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need sub + Rears.. advice please

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Chivalry, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Chivalry

Chivalry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    hullo :0) im looking to get a sub and rears to go with my onkyo ds595 and pair of cerwin vega floorstanders, but am a little limited on price... i was looking around 250ish... but ive been outa the audio game a little to long and am lost as to whats good anymore.. so if anyone can point me in the right direction id be mighty gratefull (although im not offering any sexual favours or anything)..:eek:
    even if anyone has any v good second hand stuff id be interested... though i must admit that velodyne vx-10 is temting:)
    please help :eek:)

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you've got a small room, go for bipole's- place on the back wall. Or dipoles- place on the side wall. I prefer dipoles. Richer Sounds have some offers on bipoles- £50. Dunno what they're like though. Upto 6- 8 drivers for £50? Seems too cheap.

Dunno what Velodynes are like, never heard em. However UE does powerbuys, you can probably save some money that way.

3. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was told to get the VELODYNE but in the end i went for the REL 150 E( i needed that earth moving depth) you wont be dissapointed, nearly blew me across the room, and after all REL are the people when it comes to SUBS.

I have heard good things about the VELODYNE but i like to buy stuff ive heard of :clown:

Any rel will be the dogs if you have the budget.

4. Chivalry

Chivalry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    from what i can gather from all the posts ive read here from ppl who obviously invest alot of time and money into there systems...
    the velodynes seem to be a far better sub in any given price range when compared to similer priced REL`s .. all i see is " i sold my rel to buy a veelodyne" so i think the new vx10 should do me proud for its price... im hoping it will perform in the same league as subs 1/2 again its price... and seeing as its meant to sell for around £250 seems a bargain at 199 :0)

5. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can it be bought, all i found was redline, but couldnt locate a company in the UK ?

6. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Uncle Eric on these forums.

7. paulfd

paulfd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. Chivalry

Chivalry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    indeed.. can the forums and all u will find is high praise for these subs.. and at knockdown prices as well.. :0) roll on my vx10!