• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need Stereo speaker recommendations

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Well after far too long without a Hi-Fi I'm finally looking to get myself a new setup.

I'm hopefully picking up an Arcam Diva A80 Amp & CD72 Cd Player soon & I'm just after recommendations for Speakers to accompany them.

I'm looking to go for Floor Standers as they will be easy to manage than Stand Mounters thanks to an 11 month old who might take a shine to pulling at the stands (Filled Floor Standers will be much more difficult for her to move ;) lol)

Ideally I'll be looking to go second hand to maximize the budget which will be £150 - £200

I mostly listen to 70's-90's Rock & Metal
With the odd bit of 80's chart stuff, Imelda May, Caro Emerald & good old Bublé thrown in for good measure

So whatever I get will have to be punchy enough to cope with the metal but Vocals are just as important.

I don't really have a short list of manufacturers but I did have Missions previously & found them to be very good & a friend had some old TDL RTL's which were amazing.

So with the budget in mind what do you reckon I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance

Neil

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom