Need speakers for SAMSUNG DVDSH853M Player - PLEASE HELP!

S

s9omer

Please can anyone recommend some speakers for the Samsung DVDSH853M Player? I have recently purchased the new Samsung Series 6 46" LCD TV and the DVD/HDD player and I am in desperate need of some quality speakers to go with this setup.

I would prefer 2.1 Surround Speakers with a Subwoofer to connect direct to the DVD player.

The DVD player comes with a built-in Dolby Digital audio decoder and many other audio sockets. Please see the following for a complete list of connectors; http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3849

I would be extremely grateful for anyone to advice me on which speaker systems would work best with my current setup.

Thanking you all in advance.

the mechanic

Novice Member
Hi there and welcome to the forums M8.
The DVD player you linked to does not have any onboard amplification so you will need an amp/receiver to power any speakers.
You could use the analogue L/R phono outputs to power say a computer 2.1 speaker system but as far as "normal" speakers this is out of the question I'm afraid.

Graham.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom