Question Need Sound Advice For Optoma Beamer Please.

Clarky73

Novice Member
Reaction score
Having purchased an Optoma DS330 last week i started searching for external speakers to use with it, But to no avail as the sound coming from the machine is extremely low, even when connected to a 200 watt amplified speaker system the sound is still very low, can anyone tell me if there is a setting i need to change to use external speakers instead of the machines internal 2 watt speakers or something as i love this projector and the quality of picture...But the lack of volume when connected to external speaker/s is concerning, It only has one audio out 3.5 mm jack so options are limited i guess.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Clarky

What devices do you have? What device is playing the content i.e. dvd/bluray player or computer? If it is a dvd/bluray player, have only the video go to the projector, and the audio go to your speaker system. What equipment do you have?

Hi guys, thanks for the replies, the PJ has .... HDMI (1.4a 3D support), 2 x VGA (YPbPr/RGB), S-Video, Composite, 2 x Audio In 3.5mm, Audio Out 3.5mm, VGA Out, RS232, USB (Remote Mouse)

I've connected up an Amazon firestick to it, my laptop and a playstation, the picture is superb but as i said the sound is unbelievably low, I've hooked it up to a Samsung HW-J355 120w soundbar, An NEC Amplified speaker system and a 200 watt sony hifi system through the auxiliary port / mode but the sound is still very very low... I connected the projector to all three systems via the audio out 3.5mm jack.

I'm totally at a loss with this thing :(

As True Romance has said; get yourself an AVR and connect via HDMI as that carries both picture and sound!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom