Need some suggestions

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by gheradel, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gheradel

gheradel
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

I've always wanted to set my bonus room up to be a media room but I was previously holding off due to the kids still being young and using the room as a playroom. I do have a TV in the room but I'm just using the TV speakers currently. However, I got randomly found a great deal this past weekend that got me a Denon AVR-3200W and two Klipsch R-1650-C speakers cheap.

Now I'm really itching to do this but I have basically zero knowledge about home theaters. I'd like to stay less than $1500. My biggest issue is the kids so I'm keen on in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. I don't currently have a preference on 5.1 or 7.1 though given room layout I'm not sure 7.1 would work. While I can tell the difference between a surround sound system and TV speakers i'm not really the type of person that would notice the difference between most speakers.

The TV would mainly be used for movies and gaming (xbox) although i don't do a lot of gaming anymore. Biggest thing is wanting to be able to hear dialog without having to turn the volume way up which currently alawys makes the sound effects way too loud.

I've uploaded the layout of my room. I'm not married to the location of the TV currently but I do feel like it works best for how we use the room since it leaves a lot of the room open for the kids to play.
    Also I don't have to use the Klipsch speakers that I currently have so I could always try to resell those to help pay for others.

Thanks for any help\suggestions you all can make.

Attached Files: