1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by stefn, Oct 5, 2005.

1. stefn

stefn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

First post here...
    Just got myself aa nice cecond hand DENON AVR-1705.
    Need some speaker now.
    Room is not big so I don't need 150W, but I am not sure what to look for.
    Sugegstions?

tx

s

2. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Hi there stefn and welcome to the forums.

You don't mention a budget for you speakers. I am assuming you want a full 5.1 package, and not one thats too pricey, correct ??

Have a look at THESE from richersounds. Have had good reviews in the past, no longer "cutting edge" but would be a good start for a surround system.

Alternativley, have a look at all the packages RS do HERE to see which fits for budget best. You could build up a 5.1 system by buying the speakers seperately, BUT, do try to keep the front three matched for better tonal intergration. You say your room is not too big, so a sub/sat package like the Tannoy should suit you better than a "full size" setup of say, a pair of floorstanders and stand mounters, plus a centre and sub.
    You could go down the seperates route if the room size would allow the use of four stand mounts (front L/R and surround L/R), a reasonable sized centre, and a small to medium sized sub. This route would allow for (usually) a better quality of sound (especially with music), and allows more scope for upgrading as / when funds and circumstances allow.

All the best in your search,

Graham.