1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some speakers for Denon AVR 3801 setup

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by cracken, Jan 21, 2001.

1. cracken

Jan 21, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    hi Guys / Gals

I am needing some info on what to buy, so I will ask you lot if you can assist me in spending some dosh [​IMG]

I have a TV (sony 36) and an Amp (denon AVR 3801), but am a little troubled by what speakers to buy, I havent got a huge budget, say 1000 ukp (tops!) and was looking at the Mission Cinema 7 setup (773 Fronts / 77c1 center and 77ds rears) but if people have any comments on the speakers or can suggest better for the money please comment.

I know that the Cinema 7 package doesnt come with Sub and the additional rear centre which the amp supports, but i can upgrade later on.

2. Dave Jones

Dave Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I think the only way that your going to find the best ones is to go and listen to a few.

I have just bought a 3801 and listened to B&W 600 S2's, Mission 77n's and Kef Q's.

It was a fine line between the Missions and the B&W's. I thought the B&W's a little more detailed. In the end I dragged the wife in and she agreed she coudl heare the difference but the M71's looked better, and they were finished in real venear unlike the B&W's which were finished in a sort of vinal wrap (although most people wouldnt notice it).

In the end, I decided that sound was important and I bought the Centre and Front left and rights got them for £360. Although since I notice that Hi-Spek are knocking them out for £160.

The Missions 77n series do look good though. But as I said the B&W's sounded better.

I suggest you go and listen to them. How many are you after? five or seven? + a sub

The floorstanders are very expensive though about £350-£400 couple that with say 4 601's @ 320 for the 4. And a Centre 160 thats 880 for the lot which doesnt leave enough for the sub.

Saying that the Missions are Very Good as well. Whatever you choose you wont be dissapointed.