Need some second opinions please!

Cammie

Novice Member
Hi I found this Samsung laptop on Amazon for £279 (sold by Amazon).
Samsung 355V5C Series 3 15.6-inch Laptop (Silver) (AMD A6 4400M 2.7GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Integretaed Graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
Its a new 3 series and there are no reviews online for it.

The price is making me worry I've missed some sort of glaringly obvious problem with it!
I'm upgrading from my old Samsung NC10 which is still running 4 years later.
It seems to meet the criteria I've set out below. I would like some opinions on it please.

What is your budget?
Around the £300 mark

What size laptop do you want?
Standard laptop

Do you have resolution requirements?
Display HD videos

Do you prefer a matte or glossy (reflective) screen?
Prefer matte

What will you be using the laptop for?
Internet browsing, streaming videos, word processor, photos, games but nothing too graphics heavy

How long does the battery need to last?
4 hours

Does it need to be portable?
No

Do you require Blu-Ray?
No

Do you require HDMI output?
Yes

Do you have a preferred brand?
Samsung

Are there brands you would prefer to avoid?
No

Would you be happy with a refurbished laptop?
No

Thanks

phillyd1981

I would not know about the build quality but it looks looks most laptops in the budget range the cpu and ram are good for most standard tasks but the graphics card is a integrated one I think it is the 7520g which means that It will be unable to play most games but some less demanding games/older titles might run ok on low settings. All laptops in the £300 price range come with lower end graphics cards. The cpu and ram in this laptop are above what I would expect for the price and the laptop does look nice in the photos.

Cammie

Novice Member
Thanks for your quick reply. I think I will get it as I don't play games that often and it seems to cover the basics. Can't really argue with the price. I'm pretty out of touch with computer specs these day what with my netbook being so old! Thanks again.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
The price is about right considering the specs (the A6-4400M ) and it's weight

LJx

I think it's decent value for the price, it will handle some gaming too

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom