1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Rear Pro Tv Help!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by stuw, Nov 28, 2002.

1. stuw

stuw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking about buying a new rear pro tv. I was thinking about going for the toshiba 42wt29b as this set suits all my needs. I was wondering if this is a good tv and wanted to know if there are any owners of this tv who could let me know what they think about it? Cheers

2. Radish

Radish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi m8......... had mine about 3 weeks and am very pleased with it. I`m no expert and am fairly new to all this but having done a fair bit of research/wife bribing etc plumped for this set. The picture is a lot better than i expected from a rear projector, especially when viewing DVD or digital TV input.... not so good with the old analogue TV stuff, but overall most impressed. The other belting thing is the sound, spot on for a TV.... go for it.

BTW if you`re anywhere near Cornwall!!!! your welcome to come and take a peak for yourself..... cheers

3. stuw

stuw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, I am not much of an expert as well but this set sounds amazing with the built in digital tuner and the dolby digital sound it seems like a great tv. I probably will go for this set. Does anyone know how long the lamp life is on rear pro tv's?

4. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    stuw

I recently saw a rear projection tv toshiba I dont know the model and was quite impressed with it with dvd playback. the only thing i didnt like is the slight pixelation it had while watching dvd on darker scenes, but I was sitting about 3 meters away and it is a big tv. But it is more relaxing and less tiring for the eyes than a crt tv

Of what the salesman told me the 3 lamps with the three colors go for about 5 years without having any problems and after that you need someone to open the set up from the front and clean these 3 lamps(apparently you can be shown to do it yourself)

The projectors on the other hand which are much more expensive go for about 2 years and you have to change the lamp and it is very expensive for the change.

hope this helps although Im no expert

evans

5. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    stuw

I recently saw a rear projection tv toshiba I dont know the model and was quite impressed with it with dvd playback. the only thing i didnt like is the slight pixelation it had while watching dvd on darker scenes, but I was sitting about 3 meters away and it is a big tv. But it is more relaxing and less tiring for the eyes than a crt tv

Of what the salesman told me the 3 lamps with the three colors go for about 5 years without having any problems and after that you need someone to open the set up from the front and clean these 3 lamps(apparently you can be shown to do it yourself)

The projectors on the other hand which are much more expensive go for about 2 years and you have to change the lamp and it is very expensive for the change.

hope this helps although Im no expert

evans