Need some quick help - digibox faulty card reader ??

Ango

Standard Member
Reaction score
I sold my Panasonic TU-DSB30 digibox a couple of days ago, and the buyer has just emailed me that he couldnt get it working. He rang sky and they said the card reader is damaged. However it worked fine when he reconected the old box and so one would think that the card is fine...

Anyone know why it is not working on the new box?

It was working fine before. The only thing I can think of is that one of the cables has came loose in the shipping?

right mate couple of points here

a get him to insert card into your box and see if it shows in system details, services 4

b if it doesnt get him to get another card ie phonecard or similar and double up card so that hes inserting 2 cards into reader should then show up.

c if it still doesnt get him to do forced download on box:
remove viewing card, turn stb off at mains, press and hold select and backup on front of stb whilst turning on mains, keep buttonns pressed until all lights on front light up,if box is connected via scart message will come up on screen i.e software download etc once lights go out and stb goes into standby try a,b, again

if no success either card reader faulty or batch of viewing were incompatable with certain stbs... hope this helps

Great, thanks!

Ill email that to him tonight, see if it works.

Souds like good advice above, but could it be that his card is still tied to another box. I believe that cards are tied to boxes to prevent fraud. Ringing Sky should get the card to new box autherised.

yeah cards are paired to individual box, message will come up on screen this is wrong card for stb please ring blah,blah,blah if thats the case just ring sky and get card paired with new box

Oh well, he said he tried everything you suggeted but When you go into services it still wont display the viewing card number. I guess it must be faulty, thanks for all your help anyway!

Get him to check the EPG software version to ensure that it's the latest. If it's not, that would explain the symptoms.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom