need some new speakers to go with

billy2

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys looking to replace my old jpw mini-monitors and need some help please just got a new yamaha v467 and have to say sounds well from these speakers that are over 20 years lol, have been looking at the jamo a102 what do you guys think will they go with the amp ?? are they ok with hd audio ??

cheers

The Jamo speakers will work fine with the 467 but not sure they are going to be much (if any) of an upgrade from your current speakers. I have not heard your current speakers so not sure what quality they are but the Jamo are very much a budget sub/sat system so may well not represent any improvement (but could be a downgrade). Another way could be to upgrade the front 3 for now and then get the other speakers as funds allow. Something like Monitor Audio BX1/2 with matching centre would work very well with the reciever you have.

The jpw's are superb speakers, I own a pair myself. Imo you would have to spend between £200 to £300 to get a near equivalent in todays marketplace. The Jamo's will be totally outclassed particularly with stereo replay imho,they really are in a different league. A model to consider, although I doubt if any better, would be something like a discounted Dali Lector 2.

thanks for your replys all. ok what i wont to do is get small speakers for the rear and i have to say sound from the jpws is not bad at all, so if i keep the jpws as left and right and the celestion csc as my center speaker (or would i be better getting a new one ???) and the jamo a102 as the rears would this work ??? or just replace the lot ??

thanks guys

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom