Need some help

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by muttyhc, Jan 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. muttyhc

muttyhc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    The title probably makes alot of you assume 'generic post', for that I apolagise.

Basically I'm in unknown territory as far as HDTV's go, I'm on the look out for one, but I'm confused as to what to buy, what with all the brands and sizes etc. It can seem confusing.

I've listened to the podcasts with the buying guide and it gave me a general scope of whats important however we all have our different 'restrictions' so here goes,

Budget: £500

Usage: Films, Games Console (xbox 360, ps3) and SDTV ofcourse

I sit about 6ft away from the TV.

I'm assuming about 32'' will be enough for me.

I guess I need 2 HDMI ports?

Apart from that I'm kinda unsure, I realise contrast ratio is important so whatever can offer me the best would be great. Manufacturer I have no real quarrells over, from what I've read Sharp, Panasonic, Sony and Samsung are the 'better' ones.

Any help?

Thanks.

2. KUBBY

KUBBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    Keep an eye on the online reviews,visit you local Comet/Currys to see the sets "in Person" (but remember that the shops set the demo sets picture settings to a level that you wouldnt even think about in your front room)and read the magazines.

You will always get conflicting opinions on these Forums,because personal choice is just that..personal.

For example,the Samsung R88 is reported to be the dogs nutts for gaming but not so good for sd viewing.

I like Samsung,ive owned three and looking back on my posts it may seem to some that I work for them,I dont.

Have a good look round,research the subject and make your own personal decision.

good luck

KH