Need some help with new Satellite Setup

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Warthog33uk, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Warthog33uk

Warthog33uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi all,

I am sure this has been asked before but been trailing through as many posts as i can to find some info.

This is what I have:

Humax HDCI2000, T.rex Dragon super cam 4.6, Sky+ Fixed Dish Multiroom.

This is what I need to do:

I would like to be able to put the sky card into the humax to receive the Free to air Channels and My sky subs for the time being. I will be getting a motorised dish and satallite finder to be able to scan other sats.

Do I need these?

....A loader card and Programmer for the Sky Subs or any other Smart Card I get.
    ....Any other equipment that is needed?

Sorry to be a pain but this is my first venture into DIY Satallite and I would like to get it right first time.

As of yet even with the sky card in the T.rex I can not get any of the sky channels I sub too.
    Why is this? do I need the loader and programmer? or as mentioned in another thread does the card need to be in the humax for a couple of days to register.

Any help and recommendations of kit would be greatly appreciated.

Spencer

2. malsat

malsat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    To receive your sub channels you need to have predator 355 or whatever on the T.rex cam,then put your sky box number into the T.rex cam and it should then give you your sub channels.Im not sure how much i can say about it on here.

3. michaelwgroves

michaelwgroves
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the exact same setup I have, Warthog did you manage to get it working?
    A.V.Sat, can you give a little more detail, I have all the equipment and Predator 358, but I simply don't know where to start. I'm looking for a idiots guide if possible.

4. Orbitalsat LTD

Orbitalsat LTD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You will need to program your Dragon or T-Rex cam with the latest software for example Predator 355 for Dragon cam, insert cam into your receiver (you should only insert and take out cams whe the receiver is powered off not in standby) go into the main menu and then select the option something like Common Interface and then select your cam should say something like Pred*****, when you are here you will see a menu select the option settings there you will see the 2 options select N$S (replace $ with D) Serial number and enter your sly receiver serial number in there and hey presto you should be able to use your sly card.

This is just a general guide, your receiver menu may be different as I have based this from the menu system of a Technomate.

Orbitalsat

5. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    I certainly have even the premium channels from my Sky card on a Dragon CAM. But note that you will still need to keep the Sky card in a Sky dodgibox for a day or two every 3 or 4 weeks to keep it active. Also note there always are some vesions of Predator that do not support reading a Sky card.

6. michaelwgroves

michaelwgroves
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got Predator 3.58, is this compatible with reading a $ky card?

Okay, I've programed the Dragon cam.
    I've found where to enter the serial number, this was blank, then after inserting my $ky card I notice it now has a serial number.
    However, when I select - CI - Predator 3.58, I get an error "Smartcard error (no ATR)"
    Any idea's on this, and also how can I find my $ky receivers serial number (Grundig GDS3000) to check this is correct?

7. Orbitalsat LTD

Orbitalsat LTD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To find your receiver serial number press services then select System Setup and then select System Details

Im using Pred 358 from 19-06-07 and it works fine with sly card. I know this is probably going to sound stupid but make sure you insert the sly card chip up into the Dragon Cam.

Orbitalsat LTD

8. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    Sorry I was perhaps using the wrong term, I should have said which programmer has coded your version of Predator (be it 3.54, 3.56, or whatever) as some of the programmers limit the number of CAIDs programmed into the CAM to 16 (and NDS may be missing from their chosen 16) because of incompatibity problems with some receivers not being able to cope with more.

9. michaelwgroves

michaelwgroves
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly, thanks guys for your help so far, I really appreciate it, it's really tough trying to get any info on this.

This is not obvious, so thanks.

Okay, I have put the serial number in and now when I go into CI - Pred 3.58 - Smartcard I get the following;
    Smartcard is NDS
    ---
    Not Decoding

And obviously no channel 4.........

Any idea's

Dave
    How do I find out which programmer has coded my version, and subsequantly if he included NDS?

Finally, this may not be important, but I think worth mentioning.
    I purchased the $ky box and $ky card off eBay seperatly. So they have never been paired. The card is an old yellow house, that simply allows me to get channel 4.

10. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    Firstly is the card working on channel 4, Five etc in your Sky dodgibox at the moment?

If it has not been used for 3 or 4 weeks it almost certainly needs waking up in your Sky box (doesn't need pairing to a box it will reactivate in any Sky dodgibox connected to a dish pointed at 28.2) but can take up to 72 hours to come alive. After reawakening it will need leaving in your Sky box for a day or two every 3 or 4 weeks.

Where did you download your version of Predator from? I doubt that it is your problem because it almost certainly has recognised the Sky card by saying "Smartcard is NDS".

11. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Sorry to hijack but a similar problem. Predator CAM 3.54, $ky sub card. All worked fine, then ch4 decided to stop working. Card debug says NDS card decode ok, only sound no vision. Five, $ky one, etc all work. Any ideas?

12. remlap

remlap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Possible PID change by Channel 4, rescan the transponder.

13. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I thought of that just after I posted and yes that fixed it. I had checked the PIDs on Lyngsat, looked correct. Rescanned it and used the new profile and it came back, its odd because for the life of me I can't see any changes. Anyway, thanks for the reply.