Need some help with an issue with my local garage

Delvey

Distinguished Member
How were you able to measure the thickness with your eyes?
You actually think every single garage checks the brake discs with a ruler before telling customers they need changing?

mjn

Distinguished Member
You actually think every single garage checks the brake discs with a ruler before telling customers they need changing?
Of course not. Which is why i do my own.

ostewart

Brembo parts are a nice tight fit, haven't noticed any clunk noises when pulling off from the pads but will listen for them.

Still getting vibration, mainly around 70mph which wasn't there before the garage started messing with driveshafts... it wasn’t there when the CV boot split, then there was vibration at 50mph after replacing the boots, then after replacing the driveshafts there is vibration at 20mph and it’s most noticeable at 70mph upwards.

My mechanic mate said you can feel slight movement in the splines when going on/off throttle.

So I have now said to the garage that did the work I would like them to try a new set of driveshafts, as I believe, and my friend believes, the issues are down to driveshafts.

Taking it to a new garage tomorrow for the aux belt to be changed, there's a small pinhole split so that needs replacing - glad I spotted it

PXL_20210817_103438048.jpg

ostewart

I have given up on the garage and will now be taking my car elsewhere.

£550 out of pocket and it's worse than when it went in with a simple split in the CV boot.

I shall be leaving a less than stellar review, as their after service has been appalling, it's been in 3 times since the noise started and came out the same each time - without a fix or indication of what parts need replacing.

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member

£550 out of pocket and it's worse than when it went in with a simple split in the CV boot.

I shall be leaving a less than stellar review, as their after service has been appalling, it's been in 3 times since the noise started and came out the same each time - without a fix or indication of what parts need replacing.
If you paid by visa try starting a charge back.

Hope you have more luck with your new garage.

mjn

Distinguished Member

Where are you based?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom