1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Help (Sorry if its the wrong section)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Nightstalker501, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Nightstalker501

Nightstalker501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi im looking at getting a projector and was wondering what you guys could recommend as i see there are many different types!

im looking at spending maybe up to 800 pounds. maybe more if i find a good enough model. i am running a xbox,gamecube,ps2,dvd recorder, and vhs through my amp at the moment. can i plug my amp into the projector? is it that simple?

sorry if there simple questions! i new to the projector thing!

Thanks for any help.

NS. :lease:

2. Nightstalker501

Nightstalker501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone? :confused: :rolleyes:

also is a 12 foot room enough space?

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    If you just want a decent and big picture on the wall with the minimum amount of hassle then a secondhand LCD projector would be my first recommendation. For less than half your £800 budget you could get a widescreen LCD such as the Sanyo PLV-Z1. The rest of the money could go on a screen and ceiling bracket or you could save it towards a new lamp.

Many of us feel that CRT will give you a better image in the long run, but it's a bigger commitment and it's worth throwing a little more money at it to get something that'll really knock your socks off :D

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    yep :)