Need some help please very puzzled!

Kaotikz

Standard Member
Hey all this is my first post i have come here looking for some help and advice.

Ok so im looking to buy a new tv casue my old one broke well it got beaten by a toy hammer and the screen cracked!

I dont really want to spend no more then £600 but the specs i have been looking for is roughly..

37-42"
1080p
100Hz (Would the 100hz be needed for normal TV and playing xbox in HD?)
Freeview HD

Do play xbox 360 EG alot of cod etc.. so tv will be used alot for that and watching films/tv

I have been looking at the.

Samsung LE37C650 from richersounds which comes with 5 year guarentte for £550 or £540 from costco.

Now i cant seem to find no other similar tv's off this spec for around the same price which comes with the 5year guarentte in the price.

Can anyone please help or tell me if they have this tv and is it worth the price casue i have seen some reviews about buzzing noises from this TV.

thank you and hope i get some replys :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jamiev

Novice Member
with all that gaming have you considered a plasma?

Kaotikz

Standard Member
Well i havnt really considered it but would it be the better option and if so which casue i dont no to much about plasmas to be honest?

It doesnt have to have freeview HD but if the tv is say 450ish then i can afford to get freesat if the tv has got normal freeview or even without. iv only got a budget off 600 and would like it to contain freeview/freesat HD within it.

Last edited:

sparkie1984

Distinguished Member
haha quite true, sorry id just got up.

biggers always better though isnt it? :D

feel free to delete that post vickster as its not particularly helpful

Kaotikz

Standard Member
Panasonic 42G20 plasma worth a look, ticks all boxes including dual HD tuners

Panasonic TX-P42G20B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Not without its issues, but then there is no TV that is
that one looks nice but i cant find it anywere with 5 year warrenty and cantt afford to take it out seperatly :(

I dont no why but i really am leaning towards the

Samsung LE37C650 | 37 inch LCD TV 1080p HD Ready Freview HD | Richer Sounds

Is there any reason why i shouldnt get this although i would like a 42" instead just the price goes up.

vickster

Distinguished Member
that one looks nice but i cant find it anywere with 5 year warrenty and cantt afford to take it out seperatly :(

I dont no why but i really am leaning towards the

Samsung LE37C650 | 37 inch LCD TV 1080p HD Ready Freview HD | Richer Sounds

Is there any reason why i shouldnt get this although i would like a 42" instead just the price goes up.
The 40C650 will be better, the 37" Samsungs use less good panels

John Lewis have the G20 at £600 with warranty, out of stock online but you may be lucky to get one in store

£660 at RS with the longer warranty Panasonic VIERA TXP42G20 | 42 inch Plasma TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

Kaotikz

Standard Member
Thank you for all your help but i have just gone and brought a LG 42LD790 from richersounds and it looks amazing very happy with it at the moment. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom