1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help on selecting a plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bonedigger, Sep 25, 2005.

1. bonedigger

bonedigger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not really into all the AV technobabble, but it's time to invest in a plasma.

Therefore I require some help, hopefully from you guys and not Comet's finest.

I've got about £1500 - 2k to spend and would like a plasma with a floor stand and a 5 year guarantee!!

Which is the best for the money? or at least what minimum features should I be looking for.

Also looking for a 27ish LCD for another room, anyone know of any good deals?

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,034
    Hi Bonedigger,

When choosing your plasma, its important to know what you intend to display on it.

Do you have Sky? What DVD player do you use? Will you be buying Sky HD on release?

As for plasma's with floorstands, I still think the Panasonic Viera range do the neatest and most modern stands, that integrate into the panel itself. But then I'm biased, because thats what I bought :)

As for 5 year guarantee's, your best bet is to buy from John Lewis who offer this on all their TV's for free, and try and get them to pricematch another retailer to reduce the cost. Doing some searches on the forum will help with you other peoples experiences with pricematching. :thumbsup: