1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help looking for small screen LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Krycekuk, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Krycekuk

Krycekuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im completely new to the LCD TV screen scene and Im after some advice.

I have limited space so im looking at getting a 17-20" Widescreen LCD TV in the UK but the crunch part is im looking for specific features :

Preferably good resolution support and PC input (either DVI or VGA)
    Picture in Picture
    NTSC compatible
    HDTV support.

I cant find anything apart from a viewsonic model N1750w thats only available in the US which has the necessary features. Most of the models I find here in the UK dont cover all the features unless you go to a silly size on the screen.

Im planning on using it as a normal TV, second monitor and I want the HDTV support for future gaming consoles.

Anyone with any advice or know of any manufacturers/models that will do that would be greatly appreciated.

2. jon2099

jon2099

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Very few small LCDs are HD-ready. The only ones that come to mind are the Samsung 730MW (17") and the Dell W1900 (19"). Both are 1280x768 (15:9), have DVI-HDCP, component and VGA inputs, NTSC compatible and have PiP. Samsung also have the 730MP and 930MP but these are 1280x1024 (5:4).
    There's also the Philips 170T4FS and LG L172WT, these have DVI but no HDCP (so not HD-ready).