• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

need some help/info getting 1st recorder

cirdan

hi. finally looking at getting a dvd recorder. been thinking about it for a few weeks. our vhs which has been great has been playing up a little lately. also my parents who use it most have never really been able to use it for one reason or another. they have though taken to dvd and can use the player we have, so i figured a dvd recorder would be ok, at least they would have some understanding of it before they start.

we dont use the vhs all that much so i wasent looking at too much, i was looking at under £100 bracket, but the past few days ive been looking at a little more. i guess the budget has to be around £140. i thought of dvd recorder over hard drive due to its flexibliity. because the dvd's can be taken and viewed in a few rooms on either the spare dvd player or on my p.c

a few ive seen in the price range are.

Toshiba DR-160. Panasonic DMRES15. Sony RDRGX120.Samsung DVDR128XEU

LG DR198H . Panasonic DMRES10

it would be connected via scart as my freeview is unreliable. i would appreciate any advice please, looking to get one this week. i know there probably isnt much in it in this price range, but i know very little about them.

thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom