Need some help for Amazon joinup.

aircoolsteve

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all. No idea if I'm in the right place so move me by all means.
We like to watch tennis in our house but since we left BT a few years ago for Sky most of the tennis has gone to Amazon.
We have a Sony LCD TV. its a KDL 42W653A and even though it was made in 2013 its still performing perfectly and as I remember, we have viewed stuff via a laptop on it before.
What I need to know is how do I get to view the Amazon tennis on this TV. I also have a Samsung tab and a pretty good laptop, and an Ipohone 6+
I think I need an app on something but it may be unlikely I'll be able to get an app on this TV.
So some help would be gratefully received! I'm not a complete numpty but I'm not up to speed on this sort of stuff. Thanks. S

Anazon Firestick should do it, £30 for the Lite version, plug into HDMI port. You’ll need a Prime subscription to view the sport

Thanks for that vickster. I wasn't sure if I needed to link a device with an app on it. I'm going to drop Sky in a couple of months and buy a Humax box as we don't watch Sky's channels much and what we do watch is on Freeview. I've tried to get a channel list for Amazon but I don't think they have one.

They sort of just have one channel on Prime Video and you select what to view from different categories (similar to Netflix)
Eg in photo, that’s what I get if click on sport
You access the Amazon Video app on the Firestick among other offers like Netflix
Maybe Humax boxes have apps?

Attachments

• DB00A4FE-A70B-4D01-AF9F-35A1789DC6EF.png
    DB00A4FE-A70B-4D01-AF9F-35A1789DC6EF.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
Sounds the way to go. And no price hikes when you want to watch it in another room!
Thanks. A lot clearer no. S

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom