Need some help buying a Plasma/Stand

CrossyX

Prominent Member
Reaction score
First of all thanks for looking in.

Well after about 12 months of dithering whether to get a plasma or not i decided to buy one. I have been looking for around 2 month now at diffrent models etc. After deciding to go for the Panasonic VIERA TH-42PE30 i started to change my mind as with a Stand ( i cant wall mount it ) it is knocking on over my budget. So i started to look again and came across this setup

http://www.av-sales.co.uk/plasma/html/panasonic_th-42pw7b_plasma.html

Ive also see the same plasma here http://www.empire-direct.co.uk/Content/Products/Details/index.asp?modelcode=PAN-TH42PW7B but this comes with a terminal board.

http://www.empire-direct.co.uk/content/products/details/html/ALP-AG94-2-S.htm

which i thought looked a good buy, as a first time buyer of a plasma im not sure what is what and i am abit confused on what to get especialy as the 42pw7 from AV Sales seems to have the media box (i take this is instead of the terminal board ??? , aslo which is better to have termianl board or the media box ?? ). Basically i just wont to get a plasma and set it up and running wihout to much hastle any advice would be gratefully received.

Or any other setups in the region of £1.5k - 2k.

Thanks alot Crossy

It doesn't say which terminal board, you have scart, component, HDMI, etc to choose from but with empire I don't know if you get that choice.....they are never the easiest site to order from...and I suspect they will charge a lot for delivery too...You won't go wrong with Av Sales and if you want quick and easy the media box is right up your street. Fora very decent stand try this http://www.discounttv.co.uk/category/Racks+and+Stands/product/Optimum_AV-FF2SL_::_AV_Support_(Slimline).html?osCsid=6ca8907710cb39373be5280a1852521e

Thanks for the reply m8. Is the screen actually any good though ??? what sort of diffrence would it be between the quality of the 42pw7 and the TH-42PE30 is it a massive diffrence or only something that the hardcore fanatics would notice ??

Thanks again

Crossy

Go for the PW7 or better still a PWD7, you won't regret it.

I have the PW7 and cannot fault it in any way

Thanks for the help on choosing.

Ok after reading a few things on the PW7 sounds good for the money. Now after reading about the media box (a couple of threads down) people are saying sell it which is all good, but what do i need if i sell it to connect all the below up ??

This is my setup:

Xbox
Sony DAVSC8
A 2nd DVD Player (The DAV aint multiregion)
Ntl Box (Dbox)

Now all the sound is being put through with optical as the DAV has only 1 optical input, the xbox and the 2nd Dvd player are running thourgh a optical splitter through to the DAV.

Thanks alot Crossy

an option could be the scart board plus a quintro scart switcher...you'll find a lot about that on here if you do a search...or..I think you may be able to put a JS Technology rgb to vga converter bewteen quintro and the vga in on the pw7 in which case you wouldn't need the scart board...best check that one though.....best bet is ask av sales...just call them tomorrow...they are really helpful.

Well i phoned them up they were very helpfull.

Ive decided to take the plunge and get the PW7 , i havent even seen it :( as nowhere in my area has this setup. I really did want to have a look at it before i handed over my cash but it seems to have good reviews. I think i will take a look at the mediabox before i order any other boards as i think it will cover for what i want it for. So gonna buy it tomorrow , no delivery or stock till begining of march :( . But i think i can hold out a few weeks after months of deciding.

Just to put my mind at rest is there anymore people on here that have purchased and found it a good buy , quality etc ????

Ta Crossy

yeah just checked a few out cheers.

In need of a stand now , unsure what to do here. Get a cabinet that the plasma sits on or one that holds it up and the equipment underneath. Got around £250 for a stand.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom