1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some CDplayer advice please - £150 to spend

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Splinter, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Splinter

Splinter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need to buy a decent CD system (speakers,amp, CD) for my mum's birthday which is coming up soon. She's currently using a crappy £30 CD/cassette boombox thing which she's always complaining, sounds pants. So I'm hoping for some advice on what to get her for around £150. It can be CD only but a cassette deck would be useful. Most important thing is that it sounds good. Would like separates but £150 may be too little.

2. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for less than 150 quids you can't go wrong with the marantz CD5400.. or find a s/h NAD 521i/BEE player.. or hold on for the cambridge audio 340c due out soon

3. Splinter

Splinter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers - if I had the money I would snap that marantz up. But I'm after the whole package (CD player, speakers and amp) for £150 - sorry, wasn't clear above. I'm starting to think it's not worth the hassle as I'll be limited to micro systems etc..Is it possible to get a decent sounding system in this price range?

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    The best sounding system you can get for near that sort of money would be the Denon DM-31 micro system which you can pick ujp for about £250-280 at the moment with speakers.