Need some advice

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by stoomc, Dec 29, 2006.

Tags:
  1. stoomc

stoomc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +485
    Hi there, I have a 37" HD LCD from Grundig (GULCD37HDIT) I managed to finally get myself a wii component cable today and was really looking forward to getting home and checking it out, however when I tried it out it all went to pot. I cant make out the menu screen at all becuase the whites overpower absolutely everything on screen! I dont know what is the matter with my set...I adjusted all of the contrast and brightness settings but it made no difference at all. I next, connected my SKYHD box to the component input and got exactly the same thing...the whites just wash the whole picture out and it cannot be adjusted in any way! What should I do?? I have SKYHD connected via HDMI and I know that that input is ok, it just seems to be the component for some reason.

Dont mean to sound rude, but please dont advise me to check Tv settings (dynamic, custom etc or cool, warm, normal tones etc) as it makes absolutely no difference.

Has anyone here had any probs like this before? Should I get intouch with Grundig?

Hope you can help guys, it actually explains a lot too be honest, I was wondering why I was getting such an appalling picture from my DVD player (which is connected via the component) The problem is the picture looks better through component for my DVD (other than the over powering white ofourse) as opposed to RGB so would like to get this fixed!

Hope you can offer some advise on what I should do next, I have no idea of even how I can access the sets service menu!

2. stoomc

stoomc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +485
    Bump :)