1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Wade Sigroid, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Wade Sigroid

Wade Sigroid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I recently got a deal on a 750-watt Panasonic 5-Disc Home Theatre System SAHT-692
    It was a final sale item because of the price
    What I didn't realize, was that the receiver didn't have any digital audio inputs, therefore, I can't input any audio devices and get my Dolby Digital 5.1 surround (Basically, I can't get my Xbox to play in Dolby Digital without a digital audio input)
    The system sounds great, but this is a crappy limitation
    I am looking for somewhere, other than Panasonic, where I can buy just a receiver at a cheap price
    I do indeed need a Panasonic receiver because all of the speakers plug into the sub and then the sub has a big thick black cord that plugs into the receiver
    I believe this is authentic to Panasonic
    I know I can go to Panasonic and buy a new receiver for a lot of money, but, other than eBay, I believe that there must be a used dealer for this sort of stuff
    Besides, the receivers I would get from Panasonic would not also be DVD players
    So, what I'm looking for is a Panasonic DVD Player (Receiver Only) that has digital audio inputs and has the same jack to attach my speakers (I don't care how many DVDs it holds, just as long as it holds one and meets the rest of the criteria)
    I've been looking, but have not had much luck, so, I figured I'd ask the experts :eek:)
    If anybody can point me in the direction of a dealer or a Panasonic clearance warhouse or something like that, that I might be able to find what I'm looking for, I'd GREATLY appreciate it
    Thank You
    - Wade

2. Wade Sigroid

Wade Sigroid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody has any suggestions?

3. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    are the games in 5.1 dolby digital sound? if not why not just hook the up with a 2 phono - 2 phono lead and at least you'd be able to listen in pro loglic/ pro logic II assuming the x box has those outputs.

4. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30