1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by potcha, Mar 18, 2004.

1. potcha

potcha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to buy a projector for home theater use only (not buisness or for use with a computer) and I think I am going to go with the BenQ PB8230 it has 2500 ansi lumans 2000:1 contrast ration, 1024x768 up to 1280X1024. My question is this going to be a good choice for a home theater projector? also it dosent have a DVI input is this inportant? it says it is HDTV Compatible - 720P or 1080I and a 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio what does this all mean? I can get it for around $2,400.00 is this a good buy? or are there others that are better?

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    2500 ansi is very bright for home cinema.
    You may find the black level poor compared with some of the projectors designed specifically for home use.
    DVI and HDMI connectors are becoming commonplace on home cinema projectors now and potentially offer better images.

3. potcha

potcha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So what specs do I want to look for in a projector that will work well for movies and also during the day as a HDTV, so that I can watch games with my freinds?

4. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    1000 ansi should be sufficient and XGA or WXGA resolution