Need some advice potentially scammed via EBAY/PAYPAL

J4g3d

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a laptop on ebay from USA for 99$. The sender took 2 weeks to ship it out and then it took a week to arrive. Which it did so into UK customs. Parcelforce then had hold of the parcel until a customs charge of 240$ YES 240$ was paid. The sender marked the item more than i paid/more than its worth by accident he says.

Anyway sender agreed to leave it and let them return it and he will refund me.

The last trackable update from parcelforce was 6th november it was at the international HUB in coventry.

Nov the 20th he relisted the same item i won on ebay, same spec, same pics, same listing itself, same screenshot picture of the 'system' page on the laptop showing the same serial number for windows..ect. Same spec..ect..ect.

I try to open a dispute in paypal but its passed 45 days. Called paypal who say i need to take him to court.

Called parcelforce who say as soon as its passed over to USPS its up to them if they use a signed for service to return it or not. They reckon they probably wont use a high priority service on a returned parcel.

Need some advice on how i can do any more further investigation on the whereabouts? and also some advice on steps to get my money back

For the sake of $99.00/£60.00 I wouldn't waste my effort, time or energy as I guess it will be a long drawn out affair with slim to no chance of a positive outcome, sorry for being blunt.

Just forget it. You've been shafted. Apply some moisturiser to the affected area and move on.

swiftpete said:
Just forget it. You've been shafted. Apply some moisturiser to the affected area and move on.

Agree. For £60 I would just suck it up and move on. Report the seller to eBay and leave bad feedback. If you put the truth into the feedback it will help other buyers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom