Need some advice on refresh rate (100hz)

i_need_info

Standard Member
hi guys, for a while i have been looking an 37" lcd displays with a budget of about £600,

I have been looking at the samsung le37b550 after its amazing reviews from what-hifi; Samsung LE37B550 TV review - from the experts at whathifi.com
and after having a look in store with it side by side a samsung led screen i am really quite impressed,

my real question about the refresh rate, this tv is only 50-60hz where as i have noticed with some other models with that rating having juddering images.
it says it can play 24fps but would i be missing out without the 100hz? or 200hz even? it says on the review it can handle fast scenes very well but would i be missing out on that livelyness?

oh and two things, im not gonna get a plasma cos despite what the specs say i think the black levels are crumby and despite what some say about the faults with samsung i have decided to go for a 5 year warranty so as far as im concerned all should be fine

cheers guys!

far as im concerned all should be fine

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom